Re: [pct-l] PCT@Crater Lake & resupply

Jen,

Here's a quick list of resupply points we used last year, 1998. I added a
few comments about the possibility of buying groceries in town. Like many
people say, as your trip progresses you'll find that your tastes change a
bit. If I had it to do over I would have bought groceries in town more
often than I did. Not only does it reduce the headache of boxing up all
that food, but it allows you to change your menu a bit as the trip
progresses and adds to your flexibility. Any questions, let me know. Mark
Dixon

Mt. Laguna - PO, store has some stuff - beer, snacks
Warner Springs - PO, gas station has minimal supplies, ice cream
Kamp Anza - just stopped by, store has a OK supply - beer, ice cream etc.
Idyllwild  - PO, good store in town could buy groceries
Cabazon - someone in town brought us our packages to the trail
Big Bear City - PO, good store in town could buy groceries
Wrightwood - PO, good store in town could buy groceries
Agua Dulce - sent packages to Century 21/Grocery Store, could buy groceries
Tehachapi - PO, good store in town could buy groceries
Kennedy Meadows - Store, send box - OK selection in store
Independence - PO, good store in town
Vermilion Valley Resort - sent package, expensive groceries
Tuolumne Meadows - PO, OK store
Sonora Pass - A friend delivered our box there, no services
Lake Tahoe - PO, good store in town could buy groceries
Donner Pass - boxes sent to Lake Tahoe - long story!
Sierra City - PO, OK store with minimal selection for resupply
Beldon Town - PO, OK store with minimal selection for resupply
Old Station - bought grocerys in town, 2 stores
McArthur-Burney Falls SP - sent package to store, minimal selection at store
Castella - PO, Good store, could resupply from there
Etna - bought groceries in town
Seiad Valley - PO, OK store, send yourself a box there
Ashland - bought groceries in town, big stores
Crater Lake Lodge - sent package to Campground Store, minimal selection
Cascade Summit - sent package to Shelter Cover resort store, snack foods
Elk Lake Resort - sent package to store, minimal snacks at store
Olallie Lake Lodge - sent package to store, OK selection at store
Timberline Lodge - bought groceries at Government Camp store, minimal
selection
Cascade Locks - bought groceries at store, large store - good selection
Stabler Store - sent package, convenience store w/ snacks & beer
White Pass - sent package to convenience store, minimal supplies
Snoqualmie Pass - sent package to convenience store, good selection at store
Skykomish - PO, minimal selection at 2 convenience stores
Stehekin - PO, very sparse selection at convenience store
Manning Park - store, restaraut, showers and laundry