[pct-l] Shuttle Buses, etc

I've heard that Yosemite is going to a shuttle bus system in 2002 (around
then).  The biggest foe against doing this were the auto clubs and
associations.  Anyone know anything more about this?  People seem to think
that their car is their birthright.  Parking in Mr. Rainier National Park
is horrible from the accounts I've read.  One ranger even mentioned
fistfights breaking out between motorists over a parking spac!.  "Daddy
daddy, kick his butt!, our SUV was here first.  Next month marks my 5th
year anniversary of not owning a car.  I can't say I've missed it one bit.
All those cars bumper to bumper during rush hour, and I go whizzing by on
my bicycle with a big smile on my face.

Going back to the carcan:

Oh yeah, I'd recommend something stronger than a boat trailer to haul your
carcan up to the trailhead.  As I was driving down the road with my
trailer, I hit a bump.  The 2 ton carcan collapsed my trailer and I noticed
a 55 MPH spray of sparks engulfing the highway.  Good thing all of those
sparks didn't start a forest fire.  I think the winch counterbalance is a
great idea.  I was thinking of hanging pots and pans off my car so I would
wake up when a bear was messing with my vehicle.  Then I remembered, all I
had to do was turn the car alarm on.  I love modern technology.

Craig Giffen
Portland, OR

http://www.newestindustry.com
craig@newestindustry.com