[pct-l] Please don't take this seriously, I'm being a total wise-ass....

>...Last year, officials recorded 1,081 incidents and more
>than $560,000 damage, mostly to cars pried open by
>powerful black bears.

Does anyone know who makes a forest service approved "Car Can" to put your
car into while you are hiking?  Are they required in Yosemite?  I would
rather just make my own "Car Can" out of a 12 foot diameter corrugated
steel drain pipe if possible.   What is the best way for hauling a "Car
Can" to the trailhead?  A trailer?  Can I just rent a "Car Can" at the
Ranger Station?

Craig Giffen
Portland, OR

http://www.newestindustry.com