Re: [pct-l] Re: Blisters

At 6:43 PM -0700 10/12/98, Tom Sweetnam wrote:
>Tom Caggiano wrote:
>
>> I use silk liners...
>
>Where can you get these and who makes 'em?

rei and campmor both sell them. You local outdoor store too.

Look under liners  or socks or silk

Typical is Wigwam Stetech Solaris silk liker socks  75% pure silk and 25%
nylon.
Buy 23 or more 9.00 each  or buy 1 at $9.50 to test.page 115

sierra trading post 18007134534 Has Terramar midweight 65% nylon and 35%
nylon mid calf height if you like them high  Number 11224K at $5.00.

Since I like my shocks shorter I go with the Wig's.

I think rei had a pair.

Also on http://members.aol.com/hikenet and look under links and equipment
and you can play surfing the net as other other suppliers are listed.

Hope that helps.  Actually I did one tiny blister when my feet got wet and
puckered. Soft skin = blisters.  If needed on put on "seals" to keep feet
dry. You can walk in
water in them :)

-- Tom Bear Bells Caggiano

A little PCT jaunt from Donner to South Tahoe this week :)