Re: [pct-l] Re: Yogi & Booboo

:OK OK I got my facts a little scattered. Turns out that $500,000,000 figure
is
:the grant that congress has appropriated for Stanford University to study
WHY
:bears break into cars in the first place. Of course that's just the first
:installment, since Professor Igor Stllkoutijgnhdoorpplhisky from Stanford's
:Biology Dept., seems to think UFOs, or perhaps crop circles, or maybe even
:cubhood trauma might explain the phenomenon.

:-)  No problem. See, *my* excuse is that I'm married to an engineer, and
after years of being mathematically re-trained, when I hear or read about
numbers, especially BIG numbers, I immediately try to break them down to
some reasonable, understandable bite-sized pieces -- and frequently discover
that...something seems to be amiss!

Karen