Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 07:24:01 -0700
From: "Tom Reynolds" <Tom.Reynolds@ilan.com>
Subject: [pct-l] Re: High Calorie Food

I am suprised that no one is mentioning peanut butter or almond butter.
It's pretty trivial to find and even comes in plastic jars and is easily
"slammed" along the trail. I read somewhere that the "average"
backpacker
consumes about 6000 calories a day. My guess is that a "thruhiker",
walking
dawn to dusk, will exceed that.

* From the Pacific Crest Trail Email List |  http://www.backcountry.net
*