[pct-l] The Through Hiker

I am not a thru hiker. However, I have noticed two types of people on the
trail.
1. The ones who want to get there
2. The ones who want to be there

Before I would hike the PCT is would leave Lake Tahoe in early summer and
walk to Kennedy Meadows. Now 400 miles is not much compared to the PCT or
AT but it is more than a visit. It would take me 60 days. By then I'd know
about my equipment, my resupply system and what I really feel about hikes
longer than a visit.
Tom
PS: I already know about my hiking partner, having been married to her for
14 years. She is a "visitor", not a long distance hiker. Since I would
never leave her home I will never do much more than visit.