Re: [pct-l] After the PCT

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Tony DiLorenzo <tdilo@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I was wondering what many of you do after you complete the PCT.  Do
> you go back to work, change careers, or even maybe do the AT or
> Continental Divide?  PCT thru-hiker 2001.

You'll probably get as many different answers as there are
thru-hikers. The majority probably never do another hike of this
magnitude while I'm sure everybody keeps doing shorter trips.

Personally, I've gone back to the same job. I'd had a leave-of-absence
to do the PCT. Thru-hiking has really gotten into my blood and I've
got the bug to go do another long trail. Mentally, I was too exhausted
to take on one this year so I just did the Long Trail (270 miles) this
summer. I'm giving some serious thought to either doing the AT or CDT
next summer.

Much of my time has been spent day dreaming about the PCT. I think
endlessly about all the adventures I had, the sights I saw, and people
I met last year. My friends have started to roll their eyes when I
start telling trail stories. :)

-Karl

Karl "Birdman" Brandt     PCT'97, LT'98, ???'99        (650) 725-3686
http://www-leland.stanford.edu/~kbrandt/