Re: [pct-l] bear canisters - markable?

At 09:54 AM 7/29/98 EDT, Doug wrote:

>The bear canister I just got for my JMT hike is completely black and
seemingly hard to find in the dark.  I am thinking of painting or taping
bright stripes onto it so that it would be easier to spot if a bear decides
to practice field goal kicks with it.  Anyone perceive problems or
concerns? Recommendations?

Doug,
Fluorescent pink sounds good to me.  It'll also keep anybody else from
stealing it.  I can't imagine why a bear would prefer a pink one; unless,
of course, it looked like a lollipop or an ice chest!  :-)

Don