Re: [pct-l] PCT idea of the day

Noreen,

Please, relax. The intent of the sentence below was as a humorous ending
to a list of reasons why I thought it might NOT be a good idea to place a
fixed rope across a stream in a wilderness area. It was meant as a
good-natured joke.

I am one of those who would rather find my own way across a stream, even
if it meant that I had to go out of my way to find the safest crossing
that it was possible to find.

If other readers on the list read this last sentence and thought that I
meant it as anything other than a humorous ending, in the context of my
entire message, please know now the intent as I meant it.

Thanks to all for your understanding. I am admonished, and humbly accept
whatever punishments allotted to one of my meager comprehension :-)

Happy hiking! I leave for the Wind River range in 12 days.

Craig Smith