[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #552

Just a quick note from another non-member..

Someone seemed to be downplaying the AT in an earlier note - making light of
Earl's 50th anniversary hike... True he is in his 70's, but will outhike
most of the ones in their 20's.. With Earl having been the first man to
complete the AT as it is now, I personally think it is one great
accomplishment, as the AT is not a "cake walk".

Whistler
AT Hiker
"I am an old soul.  I love the youth of the forests and the wisdom of the
mountains" -- Whistler, AT, '98