BOUNCE pct-l@saffron.hack.net: Non-member submission from

I bought an excellent, inexpensive, lightweight mesh hood through
Cabela's catalog last year.  It has front and rear panels that protect
your neck and upper back, and has loops that go under your arms.  The
mesh is porous enough to drink through from a sport bottle, but is
designed to stay off your face. It stows in a small zip-lock snack bag
and weighs less than an ounce.  I used it hiking through central Oregon
and would have been driven insane without it.