[pct-l] Occupations

* Message posted to PCT-L from the National Scenic Trails Website
* by our guest Kimberly Myers <kam@pe.net>.
* Please use <kam@pe.net> to reply to the sender.

Hi, I've been lurking for a couple of weeks. I am
thoughoughly enjoying the dialog especially about
horse camping/packing which is a dream of mine.
Since I work 8 hrs 5 days a week, I look forward to my 3 week yearly vacations. Since most writers sound as if they do hiking all the time, where does the money come from? One man said he had $40k wrapped up in his horses/gear. Jimminy! I own some young horses which I would like to camp and pack with but they are too young yet and one is barley green broke. I get out on the trail 1-3 times a week and try to get into areas that may resemble mountain trails but I'm a flat-lander. How do you folks do it? I mean take off work or whatever and do what you love? I'm jealous. I did sign up for BackCountry Horsemen to get a start. I guess I'll go back to lurking and being envious. Have fun! -Kim