Re: [pct-l] Effects of horses

<< I can't think of anybody who would be willing to pick up somebody's used
toilet
 paper and pack it out.  Other types of debris, maybe, but used toilet
paper???  I
 think it's a thoughtful effort to stop and at least bury it >>

You're willing to touch it to bury it (littering), but not willing to pick it
up? Here's a little trick I learned back in the war--PLASTIC BAGS! You don't
even have to touch the stuff to pick it up and get it out of our backcountry.
It is not thoughtful to bury something that will be dug up by critters and
relittered. Get yourself one of those pint sized lexan widemouth Nalgenes, and
put the plastic bag in there. It ain't that difficult.

Meese