[pct-l] Pack Stays

> When the new pack arrived, my carbon fiber stays were not
included. Instead, he provided a set of graphite stays. I recall him using
these stays in the late 70's and 80's. They look like a type of laminate,
with a lighter colored material sandwiched between. Does anyone know of any
disadvantages of graphite used in stays, over that of carbon fiber?<

I AM no engineer but I do work with composite materials. Graphite is also
referred to as Carbon Fiber. Carbon fiber suggests that they are single
strands grouped in x-number of plies, is this right? The laminate suggests
that it is made of theses strands woven into a fabric and layered together.
The lighter material could be Kevlar. We use all this type of material on
Aircraft components. Just my 2 pennies. -Kim