[pct-l] PCT, John Muir Trail, and Mt. Whitney

* Message posted to PCT-L from the National Scenic Trails Website
* by our guest Dan K. <k4hiking@aol.com>.
* Please use <k4hiking@aol.com> to reply to the sender.

Our group will be hiking from Cottonwood Lakes to Whitney, partly via the PCT July 26 through Aug 1.  I would be interested in any information on trail and/or snow conditions.  Tom Reynolds report was helpful.  Is the 12,000 ft information true for Whitney and nearby passes.  I hear its melting fast.  Looking forward to spending some time on "your" trail.