Re: [pct-l] Re: "Not getting sick of this . . ."

At 02:01 PM 7/19/98 -0700, Tom Reynolds wrote:
>The real question is "WHO HAS THE POWER?" I submit that the answer is "The
>people who want to turn all wilderness into a parking lot!" There is a
>fragil alliance of backpackers, horse people, bikers, fishermen, hunters,
>day hikers and vacationers that keep the wilderness alive.........
SNIP
>I need everyone who carse to help me defend the wilderness, even some horse
>guy from Montana who wants to develop an OSHA approved horse.

        Only thing I can add to the above points is that people who care
about wilderness can put their money where our mouth is, and support
wilderness advocacy groups that can keep us informed as well as represent
our interests to lawmakers......we have the freedom to do so, and it can
make a difference in the amount of wilderness that we hand off to the future.

Kevin Corcoran
Palmdale CA