Re: [pct-l] PCT Goat Rocks WA

At 09:06 PM 7/16/98 -0700, you wrote:
>        Hello, I was wondering if anyone had recently (July 13-16) hiked on
>the PCT south of White Pass to Walupt Lale in Washington, and if they have
>any weather/snow field information.

Dear Osprey,

Brian and Martina (from Scotland) called me two days ago from Cascade
Locks.  They didn't mention specific trail conditions except to note that
the Goat Rocks area was truely beautiful, lingering snow but easily
passable, and the views of Mt. Rainier fully laiden in snow are
spectacular.  It should be noted that they are still carrying ice axe and
crampons, but have had little use for them since the Mt. Baker area.

I hope this helps,

Greg "Strider" Hummel