Re: [pct-l] Re: Horses on the trails

At 11:42 PM 7/13/98 -0400, you wrote:
>My big problem is with the commercial horse
>packers who are using pristine trails. There would not be the damage with
>regular riders. These people are going to ruin it for all of us riders.

        Dane I think that most of us hikers can agree with that.  If only
considerate 'private' riders like yourself used the PCT  it would not be an
issue.  What the greater issue boils down to is the trail damage caused by
large commercial packers and their virtually unlimited access in the eyes of
hikers.  It is in those areas where the real damage exists.......
Kevin Corcoran
Palmdale CA