[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #539

> I was thinking about also taking some canned tuna, until I thought about
> bears.  The tuna would be a great source for protein.  Does anyone know
> if the empty Tuna can would attract hoards of bears?  Has anyone ever
> taken tuna?  Am I asking for trouble if I take tuna?  Any suggestions
> would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

Dude,
On my low budget PCT hike we used canned tuna, canned chicken, canned crab
and canned shrimp (variety was a highly sought commodity after 6 months).
The 8 oz. tuna was the one we liked least. It has the most water and weighs
the most. I highly recommend 6 oz. cans of chicken. A can of shrimp in a
potful of Minute Rice was a favorite for the entire six months. We never
had any real bear problems even in Yosemite because our bear hangs were
effective enough.

Did you get the fishing lures?

Mark "Stinky" Janowiak