[pct-l] greetings

   Greetings,

         I've been subscribed to this list for a couple days now and
figure it's time to introduce myself. My name is Adam and I live in
western PA. I've been a member of the AT list for a couple months now.I
heard someone mention the PCT ,well my first guess was pacific coastal
trail but after some research I dicoverd the realname. I am planning  a
thru hike of the AT for after high school but after seeing pictures of
the PCT I'd like to ,perhaps , hike a section of that.IT'S VERY
TEMTPTING. For anyone who's been on both he AT and the PCT how big is
the gap between them in terms of toughness? Also when does the the
hiking season begin and end on it? I've never been out west so I don't
know what to expect in terms of terrain.

                    thanks in advance,

                                       Adam