[pct-l] Lord Badden-Powell

>I didn't realize there even WAS a Mount B-P in the States, as he was VERY
>British.    >Earl

Lord Badden-Powell was VERY BRITISH, but he also was the founder for the Boy
Scouts in the United States.  BS Troops from all over the US are very
honored to be able to climb and camp on Badden-Powell, and each scout
receives a special merit badge for doing so.  Most of the trail maintenance,
if not all, is done by local BS troops. There are two benches, placed at
strategic spots up the hill, for people to rest on and enjoy the views.
These were made by the Boy Scouts and I believe they were dedicated to Lord
Badden-Powel.  I remember reading the sign at the bottom of the hill, but
can't remember all of it.  Hiking this part of the trail was very special to
us.  We knew it was dedicated in honor of a special man who gave so much to
help our young men learn about the adventure and joy of hiking.  They grew
up to appreciate nature and learned how to be a part of it constructively.
Way to go gov'nr!  Here, Here Lord Badden-Powell!!

Pat --- #:>)   Happy Trails Couple