[pct-l] re: Tyvek

<snip>..."I compared the cost of Tyvek to 4 mil plastic, and it turns out
that we
could include a brand new 9X9 plastic tarp in each of our resupply boxes
for the cost of one Tyvek tarp."

Ted,
 I use 4mil black plastic myself as a tent footprint, because I feel the 4
mil thickness provides a nice durability over 3 mil, and the black color
allows condensation to dry quickly. Do you, or anyone else have a per sq.
foot or per sq. yard weight comparision between Tyvek and 4 mil. plastic? If
I can't get water and mud to evaporate on the tyvek before I break camp,
isn't the weight savings minimal?

-Ken Marlow