Re: [pct-l] Section E & F conditions

In a message dated 98-05-27 16:39:21 EDT, mjankowicz@logicon.com writes:

<< Thanks to Charcholla for the trail conditions in section F1 thru F6.
      I will be hiking that section the first week of July.  Will my Ford
      Ranger make it past that bolder? >>

If a Ford Ranger is NOT a full-width vehicle, it will make it by the boulder.
I believe an Explorer is built on a F-10 mini-pickup frame. I'm not sure what
frame a Ranger uses. Maybe that is an F-10.

If your Ranger is wider than an Explorer or Toyota pickup (we drove both of
those past the boulder), you can always drive south on Kelso Valley Road until
you reach Jawbone Canyon Road and turn west to follow it up Geringer Grade
toward Robin Bird Springs.

Greg asked :

<< Thanks for the information, but for old timers like me and I'm sure manynew
timers "E8 thru E10" means very little.  Sorry for my ignorance.  I'mnot the
only ignorant one out here am I? >>

In my message, F-1 thru F-6 refers to the maps in the PCT Guide, Section F.
The trip was "Robin Bird Springs (south) to Highway 58 at Cameron Road Exit."
Sorry for assuming that everyone had a PCT Guide.

I suspect Matthew was referring to maps E-8 thro E-10 in the PCT Guide also.

Charlie Jones