[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #498

Michael,

Regarding weather on the JMT in July:  I did the JMT last September and
it was snow free.  Early Fall can be one of the best times to be in the
Sierras.  I prefer to walk the trail when there is no snow, and it
sounds like you do, too.  As you know, this is an unusual year and there
has been a lot more snow than usual.  This will not be the best year to
do the JMT, but you'll definitely have better luck later in the Summer.
I, myself, have decided to spend two weeks in the Canadian Rockies this
summer instead of the Sierras, due to the snow pack.

If you want more advice on the JMT, I've got plenty!

dsloan@hotmail.com