[pct-l] JMT in July

It sounds like there might be a crowd on the JMT this July!  We are
also planning to hike then--starting on July 2 in Yosemite.  We are
also concerned about the snow AND the stream crossings, but plan to
give it our best shot.

This will be our first time hiking the JMT, and we are planning to
bring ice axes (I think a necessity this year in July) and instep
crampons.  We are also bringing maps large enough to show the side
trails--just in case we need to leave the JMT due to snow or stream
crossings.

Anyone on the list do a July '95 JMT trip?  That year looks like it
was similar in terms of Sierra snow levels.  We'd love to hear about it!