[pct-l] Re: Trail Conditions +

Ryel,

Despite your dire report on conditions on San Jacinto, I heard from Martina
and Brian (from Scotland) last night on the conditions from Big Bear to
Wrightwood:  Big Bear to Arrowhead is completely snow covered, not deep (<
1 foot) on most of the trail, trail is easily followed as there are new
footprints, snow is melting fast, the last few nights have been well below
freezing, camping in the snow has not been bad.  They walked this section
in five days, averaged about 18 miles / day.  San Gabriel Mtns are higher
elevation and so possibly more snow.  In Sth Calif. we have not had a storm
in a week and weather has been in the 70's to 80's.

BTW, anybody know anything about the white cross between Snowy Creek and
I-10, San Jacinto Mtn side, has wind chimes on it.  Martina and Brian said
it was very eery coming across it in a mist covered field and hearing the
chimes from way off.  I just remember someone posting something on this
last year.  Anybody?

Stride on,

Greg "Strider" Hummel