Re: [pct-l] "stealth"/Whitney Trail

sorry bridgette. didnt mean to create the impression that i have no respect
for backcountry regulations.
its just that jardine recommends using stealth camping to counteract the bear
problem. seeing as how almost everything else he advised has worked for/made
sense to me, i was checking out the bear situation in accordance with stealth
camping. and planning to use stealth camping. of course i care about bears and
curbing the bear problem, but would stealth camping work for me in this
manner? i was only checking out whether it is legal or not. richard kirby says
he stealth camped on his JMT hike with  success. so..........?
sorry. but dont be so quick to pass judgement, bridge.
peace out guys
jeremy