[pct-l] Re: Faster???

Hey there,

I agree with the travel light (but safely) theory, but can't get on the
quickie bandwagon.  I have done the majority of my backpacking solo.  Not
because I choose to (OK, I choose to now, but originally...) or because
I'm some kind of freak, but because I'm so damn slow.  I'm 6'2", 200 and
some change, very fit and could keep up with most anyone on trial if I
wanted.  But I choose to meander along enjoying myself instead of
screaming to the end of the trail starring at the three feet of ground
directly in front of me.  I don't understand that.  I'm just not a goal
setter I guess.

In fact that's one of the reasons I joined this list.  I'd like to make a
thru, but I don't really know anything about the trail and had hoped to
get a feel for how it can be done without altering my MO.  I hear hikers
talking about wanting (or having) to put in 20 or more miles a day.
Well, can you do the PCT only putting in 8 to 10 a day?  I would not have
a time limit, so even if it took me 12 months or more that's fine.  But
if that'll make resupply tricky I need to know.  And I'd like to head up
from the south.  Has anyone here gone that slow?

Peace and Lumpy Ground,
Dave

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]