[pct-l] fwd: BOUNCE pct-l@saffron.hack.net: Non-member submission from [Diane Coh n <diane@seacreststables.com>]

Subject: Re: pct-l-digest V1 #479
Date: Mon, 11 May 98 20:53:00 -0700
From: Diane Cohn <diane@seacreststables.com>
To: <pct-l@saffron.hack.net>

>My set up (when I use my bivy and the poncho) probably weights more than
>many lightweight tents, but I don't care.  I affords me the flexibility
>to sleep out in the open under the mosquitoes - I mean stars, or if need
>be, adequately protect myself from the elements.  All for less than a
>days pay.

So, speaking of mosquitos... I assume you wear some kind of nylon bug
gear with a head net. But what about wasps? I noticed a ton of wasps
buzzing around the Sierras last summer--aggressive ones that would fly
into your ear, your cooking pot, and any other nook between your shirt
and your skin. Although I'm tempted by lightweight tarps, I must say I
was glad to escape into the old tent and zip up that fabulous door. Any
suggestions?

And what about critters? You know, raccoons, marmots and bears? Do they
come by for a sniff or do they keep their distance?

Diane

diane cohn                                           *
seacrest stables                      *                 *
diane@seacreststables.com
                       ___________________________www.seacreststables.com
   *                   .          fiction for                    *
                       .          horse-crazy                         *