[pct-l] Snow

My husband, Jeff, has decided to leave the trail after Warner Springs.
The group he was with, Svein, et al, are stuck at Idylwild, and the
rangers there told him they were not recommending travel unless you had
axe and crampons, or snowshoes.  And this was this weekend prior to the
latest forecast.  So now we're in planning phases of jumping ahead, and
then returning this fall to complete the trail.  Any recommendations for
jumping?  We've thought about the "Walt and Pat" idea of Sierra City in
mid June and heading north, but not too sure.  Thoughts from the list?
Mary