[pct-l] Faster???

> I have noticed the same trend: faster and lighter.  I understand and
> endorse the lighter aspect, but, faster is contrary to why you're walking
> in the first place, ie. going slow enough to notice the details.

On my section hike between Echo Summit and Tuolomne last summer I met a
fellow who left Campo about June 15.  He was averaging 30 plus miles a day.
He was a jardinite, and as he hadn't been exposed to all our various
opinions, good and bad, he thought it was a rational way to hike the trail
in one season.

At any rate, he said that he didn't hike any "faster" then anyone else.
Rather, he just hiked more hours a day.

Jeffrey Olson
Seattle, WA