[pct-l] RE: Tarps

Hi Dave,

I also have had great success with the combination of a tarp and a bivy, but
up 'till now I've had a poncho AND a tarp.  (But I use the poncho as my
ground cover.)  The potential weight savings of combining the poncho and
tarp is very appealing.  How bad is it making the transition from raingear
to tarp (and back) in pouring rain?  How wet do you get setting up the
"tarp" while wearing no "poncho."  And does the hood tie-off really work, or
is there a serious leak in the middle of your ceiling?

Brian