[pct-l] raw ramen

    Five years ago, I noticed a dangerous practice emerging among
PCT-hikers: eating Raw Ramen - the 8/$1 kind, straight out of the
unbiogradable wrapper, stinking to high heaven, and encrusted with
hypertension-inducing sodium. FYI, the Forest Service does *not* endorse
raw ramen use, and strongly suggests *cooking* all cheap noodle-products
with ersatz Oriental-names - in an approved firepit.
    A new Watchdog Agency (I am its founding, and sole, member) will be
monitoring closely all '98 PCT raw ramen ingestion, as well as a  recent
custom of "boosting"  its effects with peanut butter.  At year-end there
will be posted an eighteen-part, 2,789,438-word synopsis of the Agency's
findings (the exact number of words is known because I have already
written the report - the upcoming study is just to confirm  data that I
have in my head...)
    Please report all incidents of ramen-abuse to The Agency c/o this
list  at once. And remember, if you are offered a ramen/peanut-butter
"cocktail": Just Say Yuck!
         bj

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]