[pct-l] flashlights/small cookpots

> the little single AAA battery flashlight on a keyring. Has
>anyone here found it adequate enough for late night nature calls,
>reading, and if necessitated, hiking-out in the dark.
>-Ken Marlow

   Alot depends on your individual eyesight, Ken, but I've never found
the teensy lights useful for more than peeking at things in the dark. You
*can* see-to-read with 'em, but it wouldn't be much fun attempting a
novel using them as illumination, and the batteries wouldn't last long.
They would not be suitable for night-hiking that wouldn't be attempted
without a lamp; you could use the light to read a trail sign, but not to
guide you down rough trail in an emergency.   bj

> I've never used a 1 liter pot. Is
>it too small for cooking (I hike alone) the typical dinners like
mac-n-cheese?    Roy

   That's about the size I use, Roy, and like it fine. You have to use
far less water than pasta-boiling etc instructions, of course, but use
also use less time/fuel in getting stuff cooked. I think 1 liter is a
bare-minimum, tho, but then, I eat a lot...       bj

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]