[pct-l] Start of the Season Excitment vs. LNT

Even though I am a section hiker of the PCT, I really enjoy reading
the posts from the year's thru hikers as they prepare mentally and
physically for the hike from Mexico to Canada.  I too hope to make
the full journey sometime within the next 5 years.  I really enjoy
the excitement and the "head-trip" that a hiker experiences.
However, this year am not picking up the high-level of excitement at
this time.  Could it be because the LNT discussions are turning me
off?

On the other hand, I acknowledge the importance of LNT.  I would
like to make a suggestion:  Have the LNT in a handbook printed for
all to read, or possibly make the contents available on a web-page.
I do not think it is appropriate to clog-up the PCT-list with the
LNT contents.  Its been going on for at least a week, and it is
turning me off because there is other important information that
needs to be communicated on this list as well.

In preparation for long hikes, I like to find appropriate reading
material, and the LNT messages would certainly provide food for
thought while on the trail.  Perhaps a summarized version of the LNT
principals would suffice for those who choose not to carry extra
sheets of paper.  That way I could practice more LNT.

I dont know how long the LNT messages are, or when they will end.
Make them available for me to read, (if I choose to), but lets get
on with other discussion as well.

Ernest Chavez