[pct-l] sybil, martin, carl, dottie

howdy all,

i was exploring the indian flats area and soon realized
how close to the PCT i was.  i found sybil and martin
of switzerland in good shape at a camp just outside of
warner springs.  martin says he doesn't want to get too
far north too fast.  they've been hitting 15 miles a day.

after hiking back to my car, i drove out to pinyon pass
to find dottie and carl of maine at the paradise cafe
(formally the backwoods cafe).  dottie was on the phone
whilst carl and i chatted.  they too are doing fine.
dottie got poison oak early on but had it treated in
julian.

carl says that there is a group of 6 to 7 up ahead of
them.  (should be near san jacinto pk then.)

forgive me if i've duplicated any info.  i have been
working a good many hours and haven't kept up like i
should.  i was surprised to learn that so many folks are
this far north.  but then again, it's may already!  geez.
it's hard to keep up on the trail and IRL.

davearnt@pe.net
dave andersen, lake elsinore (riverside co.)

ps. carl says that the paradise cafe charges $30 a couple
for a meal.  yikes.  they settled on a slice of pie.