Re: [pct-l] Mojave Motel

On Fri, 27 Feb 1998, Charcholla wrote:

> A while back, someone mentioned the name (and phone number) of the motel in
> Mojave that caters to PCT hikers. I try to save such things, but I can't seem
> to find that one now that I need it.

Here it is:

White's Motel
16100 Sierra Hwy,
Mojave, CA 93501-1520
Phone: (805)824-2421

I stayed there last year and was treated well. The post office
is just down the street but the large grocery store (Luckys?) was
across town (~1.5 miles). They'll drive you too and from the trail but
it's a little hard to call them from the trail. If you do stay there,
ask for a room in the back. That way you won't have to listen to
trains all night long.

-Karl PCT97, LT98 ?, TYT98 ?

Karl "birdman" Brandt                   Center for Integrated Systems
kbrandt@stanford.edu                    Via Ortega Rd.
(650) 725-3686                          Stanford, CA 94305-4070
http://www-leland.stanford.edu/~kbrandt/