[pct-l] pad tip

snatched from rec.backcountry

            Re: Packing a Backpack?? Help please?
       Date:
            Fri, 20 Feb 1998 18:33:46 GMT
       From:
            jmcummin@library.uwaterloo.ca (Joyce Cummings)
 Newsgroups:
            rec.backcountry

A friend of mine taught me something about packing packs that has worked

for me.  I roll up my closed cell mat losely and stick it inside my
empty
internal frame pack and then strech it out into as full a circle as it
will go and pack everything else inside of it.  It provides additional
structure for the pack sack and solves the problem of where to put the
mat, plus providing additional cushioning for the contents.

Joyce Cummings
jmcummin@library.uwaterloo.ca