[pct-l] Fuels

"Vaughn, Ron" <RSV@crai.com>
Told us about the merrits of white gas.

Since you know about this stuff, I was wondering how kerosene compares.
When I ski tour I use it instead of white gas becasuse in my trusty ancient
MSR GK stove it seems to melt snow and boil water much faster. I wonder if
this is because the stove burns more Kero per unit time, or if there is
really that much more heat content (hotter flame?) than the White Gas. FWIW
a bottle of kero seems to last LONGER measured in # of meals, since I've
never run a stop watch while cooking. The only down side is the pot bottom
gets black, and the bottle is slightly heavieer