[pct-l] Those little dried vegies

>Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 11:57:17 -0700 (MST)
>From: bluesky@Rt66.com (Karen Elder)
>Subject: Re: [pct-l] dehydrating food
>
>At the expensive "natural foods" store here in Albuquerque, they sell
>dehydrated vegies to be eaten "as is", i.e., not rehydrated. They use peas
>and corn and very tiny bits (diced to the size of the peas and corn) of red
>peppers and carrots (from what I can make out by looking). Some dehydrated
>foods seem to be too hard to eat that way - too big? Or maybe they cook, or
>parboil, these vegies first. Anyway, they do make a tasty snack but are
>quite expensive to buy. Has anyone tried to make something like this?
>
>Karen

We ate these things in almost every dinner last summer -- just throw
in a handful into whatever you're cooking.  They made it seem like we
were actually eating real food.  We were able to find them
in bulk -- much cheaper this way, maybe $7 a pound.  A pound is
quite a lot.

Carl Mears
Panna Lossy
Mex-Ore 97