[pct-l] dehydrating food

What is the recommended method for dehydrating tomato paste/sauce. I just
wasted four trays of paste by drying it on wax paper, that was stupid, the
wax melts and the paste is permanently fused to the paper. Also, what other
things are good to dehydrate, ie. economical vs. buying it at the store. I
have read peoples accounts of rehydrating vegies on the trail being a pain
due to the time it takes.

Not much snow happening in the Sierras in the last week. I'll update the
snow page on Friday or Saturday.

http://www.bigsky.net/mdixon/snow/snow.htm

mark