RE: [pct-l] JMT Trail

The first time I hiked it we took 26 days, that's about 8.4 miles a day.
That's real slow.
The second time it took 20 day, that's about 11 miles a day.  Still
slow.
The third time it took 18 days, that's about 12 miles a day.  I liked
this pace.
The fourth time it took 15 days, that's about 14.4 miles a day.  This
was with about 80% snow.
And the fifth time, during the PCT, took 14 days, that's about 15.7
miles a day.  This was with about 80% snow.

It really matters what your average hiking speed is and how well you can
handle big elevation changes.