Re: [pct-l] Altimeter

Greg-

I used an Avocet since I found the Casio sooo bulky.  I think the model was
"vertech" and is marketed as a skiing watch but has an alpine (hiking)  mode ideal
for PCTers.   Costs slightly more ($130?). It did everything I wanted and more,
including keep track of daily and total vertical climbing.  I found it to be very
accurate (usually within 50 ft and I only calibrated it once a week or so).

BTW, fellow listers, my total in Manning was in the 430,000 vertical feet range -
did anyone else keep track and does this jive with what you've found?