Re: [pct-l] sun

At 01:57 PM 1/18/98 -0600, you wrote:
> Is a white (or other light color) hiking shirt something I should
>consider? And what about the loose fitting long sleeve option? (although I
>can't stand over-heating with too much on) Will what I have be sufficient?

        Greg I find that I am comfortable in hot weather with a regular old
half-sleeve cotton T-shirt, a big one with sleeves that come down below my
elbows.  As I walk and move it ventilates itself nicely because it isn't a
full-sleeve with cuffs at the wrists.  Since you generally don't burn your
forearms, 100% clothing coverage isn't a necessity.  I guess baseball
players wear 'em like that, don't they......
        Also,  I always cover the back of my neck with a bandana
neckerchief, preferably wet.  I am sensitive a little to the heat but I can
go all day like that because the blood flowing through the arteries of the
neck don't absorb so much heat before flowing to the brain.  Well of course
I'm no doctor but it makes sense to me that that's what's going on
there.......I know I get fewer headaches, that's what  I care about.

Kevin Corcoran
Palmdale CA