Re: [pct-l] Trail Crest to Whitney Portal on a thruhike

In a message dated 98-01-14 21:29:02 EST, mikeh@royalrobbins.com writes:

<< all this talk of resupply at lone pine has raised a question in my mind.
what is the trail like just below trail crest in june when thruhikers are
there?  i've been there in august, and it seems to me that it would be one
hellishly steep snow/ice slope at that time. >>

Maybe that's another good reason for leaving the PCT and coming out at
Horseshoe Meadows (instead of down and up the Whitney Trail) ...

Charlie