RE: [pct-l] Resupply at Trail pass

Resupplying at Lone Pine via Trail Pass and Horseshoe Meadow is a good
idea, if you are there from July on.  In June there a lot less people at
the trailhead.  Most weekenders do not head into the Sierra's until the
snow melts and that is weeks after the thru-hikes go through.
Last year in mid June, Ann and Batch hiked out that way.  When they got
to the trailhead there was no ride to be had.  They were told that they
might be able to get a ride from some of the hanggliders, 6 miles down
the road.  They did get a ride after about 3 miles of road walking.
What I am trying to say is don't count on a easy ride to and from
Horseshoe Meadows.

Tim and Ann
The Ravens  PCT '96