[pct-l] Re: stealth camping & bears

Happy Holidays to all those '97s out there!

	As far as stealth camping on the PCT goes, me and my brother stealth camped
the entire way, especially through national parks.  I know there's some
controversy over this, but I would suggest not bear bagging and just not
eating where you camp and stealth camping well away from water sources and
established camp areas.  The typical thru-hiker just doesn't have the time to
worry about bear bagging every night!  In fact, it was the one time we did
bear bag our food that we got it stolen!  I didn't hear of any thru-hikers not
bear bagging food and subsequently getting it stolen.

Jeremy Rice

P.S. Hi Jeremy, glad to hear you finished!