Re: [pct-l] running shoe recommendation wanted

<<  I want to make the switch from hiking in (heavy) boots to running shoes
 a la Jardine.  What is the list wisdom regarding a good first pair of shoes
 (brand names encouraged)?  I have fat feet, if that makes any difference.
 You can either post or send me email at "kevin.oleary@tempe.vlsi.com".
      Thanks! >>

  I had good luck with my Saucony's. They are simply designed, very
lightweight, and I picked them up at Big5 Sporting Goods for only $30. The
tread pattern is ideal, and they are well designed for trail running and
walking.
   They fit my weirdly shaped feet pretty well( I have a wide toe area).

  Mostly though, I just use my sandals, which are far more comfortable.

Mike