Re: [pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #298

This past summer we saw everything from geology hammers to bent pipe for
an ice axe.  The main purpose of the axe on the trail is solely for self
arres.  If you have to cut steps with a fullpack on you probably have no
reason to be there. Therefore it really makes no diff whether you have
aluminum or steel, they both perform adequetly only if yu know how to use
them.  BTW Joy and I carried an old 65cm ax of steel 'cause that's what we
had.
Bob